Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome to Roanoke



Jason and I headed up to Roanoke, VA this past weekend to meet with the minister! It's actually Jason's cousin, Bryson that is marrying us! He wanted to meet me before the wedding and go over a few "things" with us. I was a little apprehensive at first, I mean what happens if you don't pass the test? Can you still get married? Seems a little late for all of this, right?

Well, I was wrong. It turned out to be an amazing experience and I highly recommend it to anyone getting married. I know a lot of people go through marriage counseling so this isn't anything new or special. But unlike some couples, Jason and I took this really seriously. It was a great chance to verbalize our future, our goals, and how much we loved each other. After we went through the first couple questions, Bryson shut his book and basically said "Wow, you guys are the real deal. Just keep on keeping on and you'll be groovy!" We already knew that, but it just felt so good to hear him say that!

I feel so lucky! And as the countdown continues I continue to be thankful for what I have!

No comments: